Hi guys. Today I am sharing my 2020 goals for reading, blogging and book buying. I make reading and blogging goals every year and then I never end up sticking to them, so for 2020 I thought I’d make the goals a bit simpler so that I have no excuse for not sticking to them.
In 2020 I really want to focus more on reading bigger books. I read a couple of huge high fantasy books in 2019 that are now my some of my favourite books of all time, but I always feel like I can’t read books over 500 pages or I won’t reach my reading goal. So in 2020 I’m going to set my reading goal to 60 books and I’m going to actually read the huge books I always put off.
My other main reading goal, although it is more of a challenge, is that I got my boyfriend to pick out 12 books that I have to read in 2020, and to make it a bit more challenging I got him to assign each book to a month, so I have to read it in that month. He’s picked some books I’m really excited to read, so I’m actually really looking forward to this challenge. Here are the books he picked:
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson
- Frostheart by Jamie Littler
- They Do It With Mirrors by Agatha Christie
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- Queen of Ruin by Tracy Banghart
- The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Emily Eternal by M.G. Wheaton
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell
- Ascension by Victor Dixen
My only goal for book buying is to buy less books than I read. I really want to get my TBR down a little bit, and at the moment I am buying books that end up sitting on my TBR shelf for years. My ideal goal is to be buying books only when I’m ready to read them, but I really don’t think that is realistic for me.
I also only have one goal for my blog. I just want to post once a week at minimum. Idealy I would like to post more, but once again I’m keeping it realistic. I work full time, which doesn’t leave a huge amount of time for reading, let alone blogging, so I’m aiming for at least 1 post per week.
Do you have any 2020 reading goals? Feel free to share them in the comments.